FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
Barasat Government College (estd. 1950), a premier institution, is situated in an advantageous location in the district headquarter of North 24 Parganas. Owing to its heritage, academic track records and position in the communication network, the college attracts students from a wide area and from a varied socio-economic background – a good number of whom come from the rural or semi-urban areas. Today, the College runs full-fledged programmes covering Pure Science, Life Science and Humanities disciplines. PG programmes in Botany, Zoology, Physics and Bengali have also added to the reputation of the College.Read More
Recent/ Upcoming Academic Activities/ Seminars
Seminar on Stem Cell Science on 03.12.15
Lecture delivered by
Prof. Andrew Burd,
Calcutta School of Tropical Medicine
Department of Botany
- KANYASHREE NOTICE DT. 13.4.16
- Notice regarding Parent Teacher Meeting for English Department
- Notice regarding ‘Project Monitoring Unit’ of RUSA (Rashtrya Uchchatara Shiksha Abhiyan)
- Walk-in-interview for JRF position in Botany
- Notice for Admission to PG Course of Botany and Zoology
- Notice on Vacany status for Admission to PG Course of Physics for 40% category
- Vacany status for Admission to PG Courses 2015-16 as on 16/09/2015
- Notice regarding fresh Form Fill-up for Admission to PG Courses 2015-16
- Admission to 1st year B.A./B.Sc. courses for the session 2015-16 is closed.
- Tender Notice 2015
- Notice 2 for Kanyashree
- Notice for Kanyashree
RECENT ACADEMIC EVENTS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY ON 08/01/2016
1. A Seminar Lecture was delivered by Dr. Ornella Parolini, Director of E. Menni Research Center, Fondazione Poliambulanza, Brescia, Italy and the President of IPLASS - International Placenta Stem Cell Society, on the topic entitled “Immunomodulatory, anti- inflammatory and anti-fibrotic properties of amniotic and chorionic membrane-derived cells” on 8th January, 2016 at 2.30 PM in the Seminar Hall of the Department of Botany, Barasat Govt. College. Prof. Niranjan Bhattacharya was the Chair-Person in this session.
2. A Round-Table Discussion was conducted on the topic “Biotechnology of Stem Cells:
Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow” on 8th January, 2016 at 4.30 PM in the Seminar Hall of
the Department of Botany, Barasat Govt. College.
Moderators: Dr. Ornella Parolini, Prof. Andrew Burd & Prof. Niranjan Bhattacharya
Internal Coordinators: Dr. Jukta Adhikari & Dr. Kunal Sen
Student Participants: Students of PG 3rd Semester
Video/ Photo Gallery
The College has constituted an “Environment Protection and Nature Cell”. The Cell is in charge of campus beautification, maintaining a ‘Green Campus’ and of taking initiatives to keep...
Ragging has ruined countless innocent lives and careers. In order to eradicate it, Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 887 of 2009, passed the judgement wherein guidelines were issued for setting up of a Central...